Friday, November 11, 2016

11/11 + 5

Willow's Week on Veteran's Day in Five Faves.  (How's that for succinct?)  Follow this link to Friday Fave Fives.

1. Today is Veteran's Day in the US.  I am thankful for my family members who have/do serve in the US military.
my father
my paternal uncle
my maternal uncle
my husband The Professor
my brother-in-law
my son Chaplain Dan
my son-in-law The Marine (retired!)

2.  Today is also Chaplain Dan and his wife's tenth wedding anniversary.  Happy Anniversary to them!

3.  I love those spontaneous texts from The Professor when he notices a poster and knows I'd enjoy listening to the lecture.  He sent this photo and one word:  "Interested?"  Duh!


4.  I've been watching this monarch chrysalis every day (even in our hot hot hot 90s blistering dry heat).  Yes, I finally found a way to photograph it.  No butterfly yet...


5.  I love the photos of my granddaughter that are sent  to me!  Her auntie took this picture at Halloween.  Somebody loves Minnie Mouse!


Bonus:  This quote from a gardening article by Karen Maezen Miller, author of Hand Wash Cold: Care Instructions for an Ordinary Life. (I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the article.) 

"...but there are ways to get by on less.  First, want little.  Second, be satisfied.  Third, don't replace anything that still has a useful life.  This last point has served out marriage well."

7 comments:

Faith said...

oh that quote!!! LOVE!!!! and yes...we tend to live by those tenents here in the Turner home😀

wow temps in the 90s??? we have had 60s this week but just briefly. now we are back to the mid 40s and still need some rain. we all are womdering around here if winter will actually have snow this year.....i guess we will know in about a month!

how cute is your granddaughter!!

enjoy the weekend and the lexture!

Wendy said...

Oh your granddaughter is cute. And what a great quote. Have a lovely weekend.

ellen b said...

Great list of those who have served and are serving our country! Retired? do tell...

Barbara H. said...

Cute photo of a cute granddaughter! Happy anniversary to your son and his wife!

nikkipolani said...

Yeah, bummer about the 90s in NOVEMBER. I'm jealous of your chrysalis sighting. While we get lots of monarchs, they're hiding their phone booths.

I smiled that your husband would even ask about that textiles event.

snoopydogknits said...

What a cutie your little granddaughter is!

Susanne said...

And what a sweet little Minnie Mouse that is! I have to admit even I am intrigued by the topic of that poster!