Friday, October 14, 2016

October Fridays, Take Two

Mrs. Knitting has had a thankful week.  Here are my Friday Fave Fives with Susanne.

1.  Is autumn really and truly here?  Even here in Southern California, it might be.  Leaves are turning brown and falling down.  And the temperatures have moderated.  I do love autumn, no matter where.




Here we don't have amazing orange and red and yellow leaves; our colors are in the flowers which are still blooming.



2.  I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Reyes Adobe Days.  Every year our guild is invited to demo and the staff there are always excellent, friendly and helpful--I enjoy this event immensely and look forward to it.  It's fun to share this ancient and yet modern process every thing we all wear goes through to make fibers stronger and more durable.

3.  Last weekend, when I was demonstrating spinning, I was also able to exhibit and sell my hats.  The good news is that I sold all but five of the hats.  Even though the temperatures were soaring, people were still purchasing hats.  Yay!  Generate Hope will be receiving a good sized check soon.

4. This week is our PAL's birthday!  She is two!  I will be going to her house over the weekend to help her celebrate!


5.  At our house,  The Professor is pretty excited.  "GO, DODGERS!" (followed closely by "I miss Vin.")

Due to that expedition to Arizona, I will have sporadic internet time.  Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Have a safe trip, Mrs. Knitting Willow, and a wonderful visit. My flowers are almost all spent, so I especially appreciated seeing your pretty ones. xx

Summer said...

Such a cutie☺ Have a wonderful trip ♥

Barbara H. said...

Glad you had opportunities to share about spinning and sell some hats! Happy birthday to you PAL! Glad you get to go celebrate with her!

Anonymous said...

Hope your weekend is lovely. Nothing like a dear two year old grand baby to love (unless it's the five year old, 11 month old, etc.)! Reyes must be a great venue for hat sales...sending those checks has to bring a real feeling of satisfaction. Mary

ellen b said...

Yippee that you get to head out and celebrate Pal's birthday! Congrats on the good sales of the hats. Hope you get a good cool down in So. Cal. in celebration of fall...

Faith said...

Beautiful flowerrs and yay formthe hats and burthday celebrations!! age 2 is such a fun time!!

nikkipolani said...

And your darling PAL is already equipped (with your knitted bunnies) for a happy day.

It's cool that you are passing on the knowledge to all kinds of audiences at these demonstrations.

Kathie said...

What a darling little grandgirlie!! A very Happy Birthday to her!! And I hope you have a lovely visit!

Your blooms are so lovely - it's unusual but we still have quite a few around too. It's been a really mild autumn.

Well done on the hat sales!

Susan said...

I've been hearing, "So sad for the Giants!" I don't watch baseball so don't have a fave team. I hope your hubby is able to continue celebrating the Dodgers.

Your PAL looks quite content sitting with her two little pals. All 3 are so cute.

I never used to be an autumn fan, but now I am. Throughout the city we have some BLAZING trees. Your flowering plants are bright and cheery.

I hope your week is also bright and cheery.